There are many beautiful, happy, high quality of life, low taxing, and low transaction cost places to invest in real estate throughout Asia.
Experiencing Asian culture is truly like nothing you’ve ever experienced before, but if you’re met people that have immigrated to your home country from any of these beautiful places, then we’re sure you’ll know what we’re talking about in just cultural attitude and personality alone.
Let’s review the Top 5 Best Places to Buy Real Estate in Asia together, and you’ll see for yourself how much more extravagant your lifestyle could be – or the complete opposite should you wish, and just that much more of a “simple” and affordable life. You see, there’s something for everyone throughout the vast countries across Asia, from more peaceful island life, to inner city if you enjoy the company of interacting with people every day and networking.
Of course, there is also desirable rural living and places you MUST see for yourself and consider the benefits of investing in property in such places – so let’s get started!
1. Chiang Mai, Thailand – If you’re looking for a beautiful city, with not too many people, and a slower paced life as opposed to somewhere like Pattaya or Bangkok, then Chiang Mai, Thailand is an excellent place to live. It is a very modern city, with plenty of malls and things to do, yet has a much lower cost of living and still will produce high annual yields on properties that are incredibly low priced.
2. Subic, Philippines – For anyone that’ll enjoy the “island lifestyle” Subic, Philippines is a major tourist attraction, and full of both visitors, as well as a sizable expat community, so you won’t ever feel lonely or “lost.” Best of all, the Philippines is not a place where speaking English will be a problem – but learning a little Tagalog wouldn’t hurt.
Prices are very cheap here for property, land, homes, and apartments. Just keep in mind, certain residency requirements must first be met before purchasing any assets in your name.
3. Singapore – Although a major metropolitan lifestyle unless you are able to find one of few more “rural” homes, Singapore is still an excellent place to invest in real estate, whether you’re looking to live there yourself or rent out space. Singapore is considered to have a ‘mature market’, and has recently experienced a favorable “financial storm,” making it a top choice among other competing Asian countries for investing in real estate.
4. Shanghai, China – Now, we know what you’re thinking: “This place is way too crowded and expensive for my taste!” But, this is where you would be wrong. In fact, China has a huge, growing real estate market and Shanghai continues to experience tremendous growth, and likewise the need for more property renters, as well as tenants alike – so there’s something for everyone here! Making this a top pick among expat investors, we would consider this a “Tier 1” choice!
5. Cambodia – Finally, consider investing in real estate in Cambodia, where the population projections expect up to more than 20 million people before 2030! With a young workforce and growing frontier market, this is an excellent place to invest in real estate, buying, or renting a home.
Cambodia is undoubtedly experiencing exponentially positive market growth since the 1990’s recession and is becoming an economy that’s also less dependent on other nations. Because Cambodia doesn’t jump into all the “global market” hustle and bustle, much like positive growth, if and when there is a market crash across major corporations, Cambodia is the kind of place least likely to be impacted – making this a MUST for foreign real estate investors!